- [fs] limit writeback triggered by fadvise to the specified range should improve the performance
- [ext4] when writeback is done in context, which is followed by sync_fs, skip forced commit in ext4_write_inode, it will be done once. Again the performance should be improved. This feature can be disabled by "echo 0 > /sys/fs/ext4/batch_sync"
- [stat] replaces global counters with per-cpu structures to avoid kstat_glb_lock congestion => performance increases
- [nfs/quota] NFS local quota (vzquota in case /vz over NFS) significantly reworked => no more crashes / stats skews are expected (PCLIN-31747)
- [ploop] kaio must merge bios for aio_kernel_submit => should avoid problem with massive 4k FUSE requests (PSBM-19207)
- [perf] perf events syscall are forbidden now in Containers by default because they are very complicated and potentially vulnerable (use sysctl kernel.perf_event_paranoid = -1 to enable)
- [drv/video/r600] kernel WARNING is substituted with printk() in order not to taint the kernel for nothing (PSBM-21043)
- [mm/compaction] repair should_continue_reclaim logic, this fixes the memory reclaimer under high load (PSBM-20273)
- [vfs] kernel panic when accessing usb storage device has been fixed (PSBM-21015)
- [vfs] kernel warning (and thus taint) by __mark_inode_dirty() function for /dev/zero has been fixed (PSBM-21206)
- [signal] signal pending flag could be lost due to a race between non-atomic bit-reset and set_tsk_thread_flag() (PCLIN-31992)
- [cpt] kernel panic after online migration could happen on destination node due to incorrect packets with SKB_GSO_TCP flag set drop. We can drop only packets with SKB_GSO_UDP, if we cannot dump a packet with SKB_GSO_TCP, need to abort the migration. (PSBM-21181)
- [vzquota] vzquota was mistakenly considered locked after major vzquota rework in previous 080.x kernels (PCLIN-32009)
x86 (i686, IA32)
x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T)
This patch is applicable to vanilla Linux 2.6.32 kernel (not to 2.6.32.y),
available from kernel.org.
Official configs of this OpenVZ kernel used to build binary RPMS.
For other rhel6-testing kernel releases, see download/kernel/rhel6-testing/Archives.
For other kernel branches, see download/kernel.