- Rebase to 2.6.32-279.5.1.el6 kernel (security and bug fix update, see below)
- [timers] apps that use sys_clock_nanosleep() to suspend their execution could hang after CT migration.
- [sysfs] /sys/devices/system/cpu has been "virtualized": the "virtualization" consists in creating empty cpu# dir for each possible cpu (+1 on UP systems). This makes glibc think that _SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF always > 1 so that various userspace apps (JAVA) won't be tempted to "optimize" when running inside a CT with --cpus=1. (PSBM-14103, #2206)
- [OOM/debug] added line "oom_score_adj: manual|auto" into /proc/bc/$ID/debug (PSBM-12215)
- [devtmpfs] account devtmpfs inodes in tmpfs in proper context. This fixes the accounting memory leak found by QA vzt-pltp test. (PCLIN-30869)
- [cpt] support for restart blocks used for CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID timers (per-process clock that measures CPU time consumed by all threads in the process) has been added
- [cpt] a race has been fixed which can result in tasks left in frozen state (PSBM-14184)
- [fuse] sync case of direct_IO should send a set of async requests (splitted incoming request) and wait for their completion. (PSBM-14010)
- [ploop] a warning calltrace shown when a ploop goes to "ABORTED" state has been removed as considered to be too noisy (PSBM-14148)
- [net/tg3] ~20% network performance decrease on Broadcom cards has been fixed (PSBM-14240)
- [cgroups] notify_on_release and release_agent features of cgroups have been fixed (#2261)
- [sysctl] sysctl code has been cleaned up in order for sysctl checker to not complain. In particular, several vz specific sysctls were converted to "unnumbered" => sysctl() syscall won't work anymore for them.
- [iptables] if ip conntracks and NAT were disabled on the node, reloading "nf_conntrack" module with parameter ip_conntrack_disable_ve0=0 was enabling them again (PCLIN-31123)
- [nfsd] stopping a CT with NFS server inside caused a kernel BUG (PCLIN-31107)
- [sunrpc] kernel panic on mounting nfs in 2 CTs has been fixed (PCLIN-31080)
- [fuse] O_DIRECT operations vs cached writeback misorder has been fixed (PSBM-14110)
- [ploop] kernel BUG in kaio_fsync_thread() has been fixed (PSBM-14249)
- [net] netns batched cleanup support for veth, venet, and nf_conntrack. This decreases time needed to kill 100 ves by ~7 s (from ~13 to ~6 s) (PSBM-11724)
- [jbd] fix for BUG at fs/jbd/commit.c:325 has been updated. Patches were updated in order to synchronize them with mainstream variants, only warning parts have been modified (PCLIN-30972)
- [scheduler] "WARNING: at kernel/sched_rt.c:13" has been fixed (PCLIN-31148)
- [cpuinfo] if some cpu features are masked using msr-tools (and thus cpuid() does not report them anymore), /proc/cpuinfo inside CTs will also mask these features. Hardware Node /proc/cpuinfo will still report all cpu features possible available on the node (PSBM-14131)
- [cpt] checkpointing code now checks cpu features available for CT using cpuid() => it's possible to mask out some cpu features using msr-tools (PSBM-14131)
- [fuse] async processing of sync direct I/O has been corrected, now we do not use async processing of sync direct I/O in case we are writing beyond the end of the file (PSBM-14282)
- [tun] Fix a potential oops when using TUN device
- [time] Use absolute monotonic time for CT futexes (PSBM-14471)
- [tty] Fix a few races between tty open and hangup (PCLIN-31160)
- [cpt] fix correction of unlinked pipe data position when restoring (PCLIN-31136)
- [pfcache] optimize inode locking on cache dump (PSBM-9882)
- [ploop] add sysfs cookie entry (to be used by ploop lib for locking)
- [net] IP address assignment to an physical interface moved into CT has been fixed (PCLIN-31187)
- [processes] when CT's init is dying, check if a process is a zombie with the parent outside of this CT and is not collected, kill it. This unblocks CT stop in case there was a vzctl enter + Ctrl-z. (PCLIN-31083)
- [mm] balance between file/anon pressure has been fixed. This prevents the situation when file lru gets much more pressure than anon memory and reclaimer never touches anon pages. (PSBM-14619)
- [sysrq] Alt+SysRQ+m has been enhanced to show reclaimer statistics.
- [NFS/lockd/debug] generate a kernel BUG() in case we've got 2 or more identical lock IDs (pids). This is a debug patch for PCLIN-31177.
- [shmem] a function to install a page into a specific location in a shmem area has been added. This is required for VMs suspend/restore into pram. (PSBM-14664)
- [ploop] a race in ploop locking has been fixed. (PSBM-14751)
- [gcc] kernel should now be compilable by gcc 4.7 (#2339)
- [mm] add a separate bio pool that guarantees swapout progress during reclaiming memory. This is an optimization (not a fix) related to PSBM-14619
- [block] optimized ->writepages() method for block devices has been implemented.
- [cpt] missed "\n", other cleanups (PCLIN-31096)
- [e1000e] VLAN set up over veth inside a CT (veths are bridged on HN) configuration works now (PCLIN-31132)
- Warning: if a VLAN configured on the HN, other VLANs inside CTs may still not work, if e1000e driver is used, either all VLANs used inside CTs must be created on HN, or no VLANs on HN at all.
- [net] netdevice leaks have been fixed (PSBM-14858)
- (messages like "kernel:[17597.898188] unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo=ffff880310e52820 to become free. Usage count = 3")
- several kernel panics on modules load/unload have been fixed in configfs, configfs example, vga16fb and AB3100 regulator
- [net] kernel panic triggered by NFS server timeouts has been fixed (PCLIN-31212)
- [venet] kernel panic when using OpenVPN (tun dev) + iptables inside a CT has been fixed (#2322)
- [net] CPU soft lockup caused by calling inet_twsk_deschedule() with bh enabled has been fixed (#2346)
x86 (i686, IA32)
x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T)
This patch is applicable to vanilla Linux 2.6.32 kernel (not to 2.6.32.y),
available from kernel.org.
Official configs of this OpenVZ kernel used to build binary RPMS.
For other rhel6 kernel releases, see download/kernel/rhel6/Archives.
For other kernel branches, see download/kernel.