- Rebase to 2.6.32-279.9.1.el6 RHEL6.3 kernel (security and bug fixes, see below)
- [processes] when CT's init is dying, check if a process is a zombie with the parent outside of this CT and is not collected, kill it. This unblocks CT stop in case there was a vzctl enter + Ctrl-z. (PCLIN-31083)
- [mm] balance between file/anon pressure has been fixed. This prevents the situation when file lru gets much more pressure than anon memory and reclaimer never touches anon pages. (PSBM-14619)
- [sysrq] Alt+SysRQ+m has been enhanced to show reclaimer statistics.
- [NFS/lockd/debug] generate a kernel BUG() in case we've got 2 or more identical lock IDs (pids). This is a debug patch for PCLIN-31177.
- [shmem] a function to install a page into a specific location in a shmem area has been added. This is required for VMs suspend/restore into pram. (PSBM-14664)
- [ploop] a race in ploop locking has been fixed. (PSBM-14751)
- [gcc] kernel should now be compilable by gcc 4.7 (#2339)
- [mm] add a separate bio pool that guarantees swapout progress during reclaiming memory. This is an optimization (not a fix) related to PSBM-14619
- [block] optimized ->writepages() method for block devices has been implemented.
- [cpt] missed "\n", other cleanups (PCLIN-31096)
- [e1000e] VLAN set up over veth inside a CT (veths are bridged on HN) configuration works now (PCLIN-31132)
- Warning: if a VLAN configured on the HN, other VLANs inside CTs may still not work, if e1000e driver is used, either all VLANs used inside CTs must be created on HN, or no VLANs on HN at all.
- [net] netdevice leaks have been fixed (PSBM-14858)
- (messages like "kernel:[17597.898188] unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo=ffff880310e52820 to become free. Usage count = 3")
- several kernel panics on modules load/unload have been fixed in configfs, configfs example, vga16fb and AB3100 regulator
- [net] kernel panic triggered by NFS server timeouts has been fixed (PCLIN-31212)
- [venet] kernel panic when using OpenVPN (tun dev) + iptables inside a CT has been fixed (#2322)
- [net] CPU soft lockup caused by calling inet_twsk_deschedule() with bh enabled has been fixed (#2346)
- [nfs] a kernel panic in case a NFS file is opened outside the CT and CT is stopped (PSBM-15039)
- [ext4] move_extent ioctl has been disabled cause currently it may be used to crash the node (PCLIN-31215)
- [ploop] proper balloon file open mode should be used in order to avoid kernel warning (PSBM-14587)
- [ploop] print a verbose message in case of failed ploop unmount (debug for PSBM-14931)
- [net namespaces] kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:511 has been fixed (broken in 2.6.32-042stab060.3) (PSBM-15004)
- [ip tunnels] several kernel panics on ipip/sit/ppp_generic/pppoe/pppol2tp modules load/unload fixed
- [mISDN,cpufreq] a couple of panics has been fixed caught on load/unload mISDN and cpufreq modules
- [cpt] in case a process inside a CT opened a proc file of a task and that task died, the online migration failed (#2315)
- [cpt] support for mm->saved_auxv online migration has been added, needed in particular for debug processes using gdb after online migration (PSBM-13556)
- [cpt] tmpfs in nested vfsmount namespaces cpt/rst support has been added. Issue is known to be triggered by a CRIU test only for now (PSBM-14560)
- [fuse] iotest reported data corruption over fuse with cache has been fixed (PSBM-15008)
- [fuse] off by one bug in fuse_wait_on_writeback() has been fixed. This issue does not lead to any serious problem.
- [fuse] writing data beyond EOF by direct_IO case has been also optimized. (PSBM-14353)
- [fuse] fs.fuse-ve-odirect sysctl has been added for the internal use (PSBM-15057)
- [NFSd] a debug patch for further investigations in (PSBM-13851)
- [NFSdv4] NFS servers v4 exclusive locks handling fixed (#2122)
- [cpt] a BUG at fs/lockd/clntproc.c:596 happen on cpt/rst has been fixed (PSBM-15075)
- [cpt] a warning about “flags mismatch” (O_LARGEFILE was not honored) has been fixed (mentioned in PSBM-14966)
- [ploop] an additional check for block-device size provided by userspace has been added (mentioned in PSBM-15189)
- [block] parted hang on attempt to format a USB-flash (PSBM-15179)
x86 (i686, IA32)
x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T)
This patch is applicable to vanilla Linux 2.6.32 kernel (not to 2.6.32.y),
available from kernel.org.
Official configs of this OpenVZ kernel used to build binary RPMS.
For other rhel6 kernel releases, see download/kernel/rhel6/Archives.
For other kernel branches, see download/kernel.