- Rebase to RHEL6.3 kernel 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6 (security and bug fixes, see link below)
- [fuse] a missed fuse_file_put() has been added
- [mm] a panic while using huge tables has been fixed (PSBM-17315)
- [media/rc] a possible kernel panic on "rc-core" module unload has been fixed
- [fs/epoll] spurious lockdep warnings has been eliminated
- [mm/hugepages] hugepages are now accounted inside a CT (to kmemsize and lockedpages) (PSBM-17327)
- [ubc] swap failcounters should not be incremented in case of non fatal shortage
- [mm] a new formula has been implemented for pagecache reclaimer (PSBM-15799)
- [ubc] fix BUG due to sleep-in-atomic in set_gang_limits()
- [mm] limit the CT memory portion by its commitment. In simple words: if you have single 256mb container on 1gb machine it's portion should be 256m, not 1gb.
- [mm] set commitment to 0 for unlimited containers. For vmscan priorities that means that their effective memory portion is exactly equal to memory usage and give no bonuses for eliminating penalties for aged pages.
- [cpt] make vzreboot be able to work with new vSwap implementation (without necessity of physical swap) (PSBM-17124)
- [ploop] fix lockdep complains about bd_full acquiring (PSBM-13653)
- [mm] do not force scanning top priority lru vectors, this could result into forced push anon memory to swap (PSBM-17443)
- [mm] struct gang size decreased to 16Kb, this should eliminate often memory allocation failures on CT start (PSBM-17433)
- [fs] lockdep locking classes for virtualized filesystem types has been fixed
- [fs] CT O_DIRECT and fsync settings checks have been corrected (PSBM-17157)
- [pfcache] fix using uninitialized data on pfcache mounting
- [cpt] control terminals should be restored after files (PCLIN-31425)
- [fuse] RELEASE should not be triggered on directories (PSBM-17195)
- [sched] a compilation warning has been eliminated
- [sched] make enqueue/dequeue_task_fair ascend updating the boosted field and unthrottling cfs_rq's if necessary even if a current se is encountered. This might fix hard cpu lockup faced by CloudLinux (PCLIN-31440)
- [fs/eventpoll] added debug patch to catch a use-after-free on eventpoll destroy (debug for PCLIN-31438)
- [sysfs] provide permissions for mem devices inside a CT (needed by Fedora 18) (PSBM-17522)
- [cpt] fixed kernel panic on migration of a CT with a process which holds an already removed file opened (PSBM-17449)
- [mm] small amount of anon memory (even relaively old) should not swapout under page cache pressure (PSBM-17543)
- [dcache] do not report possible progress in case CT's dcache has unused entries but less than threshold, thus CT's dcache should not be reclaimed and OOM should be invoked (PCLIN-31453)
- [dcache] dcache thresholds should be calculated using size of normal zone, not total ram size. Affects 32-bit nodes only. (PCLIN-31452)
- [cpt] fixed online migration of a CT with a process having a hardlinked file opened (PCLIN-31468)
- [cpt] a file with a hardlink has been opened by a process and removed after that. Fixed online migration for such processes (PSBM-17717)
- [rst] fixed conntrack expectations migration: missed conntrack put added, thus CT can be stopped after the migration now (PCLIN-31492)
- [mm] fixed kernel panic on a node with offline numa nodes. In a real life this panic should trigger on nodes with unused physical cpu slots (PSBM-17760)
x86 (i686, IA32)
x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T)
This patch is applicable to vanilla Linux 2.6.32 kernel (not to 2.6.32.y),
available from kernel.org.
Official configs of this OpenVZ kernel used to build binary RPMS.
For other rhel6 kernel releases, see download/kernel/rhel6/Archives.
For other kernel branches, see download/kernel.