Donate to the OpenVZ project!
What does the OpenVZ Project do?
The OpenVZ Project:
- Maintain the servers and hardware to run OpenVZ services.
- Promote the project by organising or participating in events (LinuxCon, Linux Plumbers, FOSDEM, ...)
- Holds and defends the copyright and trademark for OpenVZ
- Awards grants and provides resources for furthering the development and adoption of OpenVZ
- Pays for hardware and other costs for hosting the openvz.org servers
- Recognizes individuals who have contributed to the OpenVZ with Community Awards
See our expences in previous years.
The OpenVZ project needs your help to achieve our fundraising goal of $100,000 for 2015 (it will be enough for 2 full time developers).
Reaching this goal will ensure the continued health of the projects we support, will enable us to help them do more, and will avoid the distraction of financial emergencies that could spell the end of the projects.
2014 was a bad year for the foundation financially, we hope to fix current situation in 2015.
Our goal for 2015 is to increase the amount of support we offer for development, without compromising our regular support for the projects. We would like to:
- Develop features from community wishlist.
- Plan and support more community events.
- Continue to improve the project infrastructure.
To achieve our goal we need both Individual and Corporate sponsorship of the foundation. To put our goal in context:
- If $2 were given for every installation of OpenVZ with running containers we would be at our goal.
- If $0.14 were given for every running OpenVZ container we would be at our goal.
- If $400 were given by every hosting provider uses OpenVZ we would be at our goal.
As an individual or corporation, the best kind of donation we can receive is a recurring donation. This allows longer term planning on our part, instead of hoping for one time cash infusions. The easiest way for an individual to support us in this way is a recurring Paypal donation, which is our preference.
How can I donate?
We welcome contributions from both organizations and individuals.
Please use the PayPal button below to donate by credit card. You don't need a PayPal account to use the donation button.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online
If you would like a receipt emailed to you, please include your email address along with your check.
Use the following address: 12jpji3dBT3zS6iZdNNGbNcw9NrG8LRMSb
Checks in US currency are preferred. We can accept other currencies for donations valued US$20 or more, but fees on conversions are significant.
The transaction fees are substantial, so please only use transfers for donations valued at US$50 or more.
If you have a question about donations, please write to the OpenVZ at (firstname.lastname@example.org).