Setting up a test environment
- setup Linux distributive (RPM based distro is preferred) on one of your test hardware node
- follow OpenVZ installation instructions
- install component which you want to test
With an installed version of the development release up and running, you can perform exploratory testing against any packages of components you wish. Go wild! Try and break things! See if the new software can handle the unexpected, or even the normal use cases. If you find a bug, report it!
Sometimes new version of component contains new feature. Usually we provide how to described steps to enable feature and shortest steps how to use it.
Features are in testing below:
Features are in released OpenVZ versions:
Each release we do our best to fix as much bugs as possible. You can help us with validation of bugs fixed in latest version.
- open changelog (for example ploop-1.12.2)
- find bugs fixed in that version
- try to reproduce each bug on your test environment and keep appropriate comment in OpenVZ bugzilla