Difference between revisions of "Virtuozzo"
(mv roadmap and releases to See also)
(Removed like buttons as our users dislike them)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 08:56, 28 September 2015
Virtuozzo is Odin virtualization and automation solution built on top of OpenVZ. Virtuozzo provides improvements and additional functionality in the areas of density, management tools, recovery, etc. Specific benefits of Virtuozzo compared to OpenVZ can be found in this article.
Virtuozzo is built on top of OpenVZ technologies but provides more features, services, and support.
OpenVZ consists from open components and includes:
- RHEL7 kernel, a Linux kernel with patches that implements OpenVZ kernel functionality.
- Management utilities, such as vzctl, for managing container life cycle.
- Checkpoint/Restore In Userspace, or CRIU, is a software tool for Linux that enables you to freeze a running application (or a part of it) and checkpoint it to a hard drive as a collection of files. You can then use the files to restore and run the application from the point it was frozen at.
- Ploop is a disk loopback block device, not unlike loop but with many features like dynamic resize, snapshots, backups etc. The main idea is to put container filesystem in a file.
- P.Haul is the project on top of CRIU that imple- ments the live migration usage scenario.
- LibCT is a container management library that provides a convenient API for front-end programs for managing the entire container life cycle.
- VCMMD is a Virtuozzo Containers memory management daemon. Upstream technology to manage containers memory.
- LibVirt - API to manage virtual machines as well as containers
- Virtuozzo SDK our own API to manage virtual machines and containers with Python bindings.
Download installation ISO image, burn image to DVD and boot your computer form this DVD. Follow installation steps and get installed Virtuozzo. Follow steps in article migrate containers from OpenVZ if you want to upgrade to Virtuozzo.