reduce CRIU description
* [[Download/kernel|Virtuozzo kernel]], a Linux kernel with patches that implements OpenVZ kernel functionality.
* Management utilities, such as [[Download/vzctl|vzctl]], for managing container life cycle.
* [http://criu.org/ Checkpoint/Restore In Userspace], or CRIU
(pro- nounced kree-oo, IPA: /krɪʊ/, Russian: криу), is a software tool for Linux that enables you to freeze a running application (or a part of it) and check- point it to a hard drive as a collection of files. You can then use the files to restore and run the application from the point it was frozen at . The distinctive feature of the CRIU project is that it is mainly implemented in userspace. Docker and LXC use CRIU for migrating containers between servers.
* [[Ploop]] is a disk loopback block device, not unlike loop but with many features like dynamic resize, snapshots, backups etc. The main idea is to put container filesystem in a file.
* [http://criu.org/P.Haul P.Haul] is the project on top of CRIU that imple- ments the live migration usage scenario.
'''<span style="font-variant:small-caps; font-size:150%">About</span>'''<br /><small>Find out more about OpenVZ.</small><small><hr />[[Roadmap]] | [[Releases]] | [[News/events|Events]] | [[Podcasts]] | [[Interviews]] | [[Artwork]] | [[History]] | [[Screencasts]] | [[Contributors]] | [[Sponsors]] | [https://www.youtube.com/c/OpenVZorg Talks] [[Contacts]]</small>