Virtuozzo is Odin virtualization and automation solution built on top of OpenVZ. Virtuozzo provides improvements and additional functionality in the areas of density, management tools, recovery, and other areas. Specific benefits of Virtuozzo compared to OpenVZ can be found below:
- Ability to create Virtual Machines.
- In addition to Containers, one can create full-scale VMs using a build-in hypervisor. Both Containers and Virtual Machines are managed by the same tools in a uniform way.
- Virtuozzo Storage.
- A resilient and robust way to unify all your local nodes storage into a single highly available SAN-grade distributed storage system.
- Higher container density.
- Virtuozzo provides efficient memory and file sharing mechanisms (VZFS or pfcache) enabling higher container density and better performance of containers.
- Unified management tools for CTs and VMs
- Virtuozzo ships with number of management, monitoring, troubleshooting, and administration tools significantly reducing management, administration, and deployment costs. Specific tools include:
- Parallels Virtual Automation
- Number of additional CLI tools.
- Support and maintenance.
- Virtuozzo is a commercial product supported and maintained by Odin with options for 24×7 phone support and guarantees on maintenance schedules.
- Advanced recovery, monitoring, and back-up tools.
- Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration tools.
- Those tools allow easy conversion of existing physical machines into a container (and vice-versa) facilitating the adoption of virtualized infrastructure.
- Common client-server XML-based management API.
- API allows easily integration of Virtuozzo into existing management infrastructure and development of additional management and monitoring modules.
- Traffic accounting tools.
- These tools enable bandwidth management and control for individual containers and provide additional security mechanisms for containers running on the same host.
Other benefits of Virtuozzo
- Integration with Plesk solution.
- Discounts on Plesk licenses.
- Name-based hosting (no need for public IP for each container).
- Easy to use installation utility.