Virtuozzo™ is SWsoft’s virtualization and automation solution built on top of OpenVZ. Virtuozzo™ provides improvements and additional functionality in the areas of density, management tools, recovery, and other areas. Specific benefits of Virtuozzo™ compared to OpenVZ can be found below:
- Higher VE density.
- Virtuozzo™ provides efficient memory and file sharing mechanisms enabling higher VE density and better performance of VEs.
- Management tools.
- Virtuozzo™ ships with number of management, monitoring, troubleshooting, and administration tools significantly reducing management, administration, and deployment costs. Specific tools include:
- Support and maintenance.
- Virtuozzo™ is a commercial product supported and maintained by SWsoft with options for 24×7 phone support and guarantees on maintenance schedules.
- Advanced recovery, monitoring, and back-up tools.
- Physical-to-VE (P2V) and VE-to-physical (V2P) migration tools.
- Those tools allow easy conversion of existing physical machines into Virtuozzo™ VE (and vice-versa) facilitating the adoption of virtualized infrastructure.
- Common client-server XML-based management API (VZAgent).
- API allows easily integration of Virtuozzo™ into existing management infrastructure and development of additional management and monitoring modules.
- Traffic accounting tools.
- These tools enable bandwidth management and control for individual VEs and provide additional security mechanisms for VEs running on the same host.